Image Map

Monday 2 February 2015

Tuesday's Change Week 5: Oil Pulling - Detox and boost Immunity


This week's Tuesday's Change is a simple one but takes some practise and some getting used to. I have been oil pulling on and off for a while now and in January I decided to make a proper committment to it. I over indulged so much over Christmas my body was showing it. Since I've been doing it every day (I think I missed 2 days in Jan) I can really see the benefit in my skin, teeth and just how I feel. I feel cleansed and my skin is glowing. It's also freezing cold here in Germany and I'm house training a puppy so I'm in and out of the cold almost every 20 minutes. So far I've had no sniffles or cold! It really works to boost your immunity!


So what is Oil Pulling? this tutorial video above will help you get set up and learn all about it.


It is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment dating back over 3,000 years, oil pulling involves placing a tablespoon of extra virgin organic cold pressed oil (I use coconut oil, but sesame or olive oil is fine too) into your mouth and then swishing it around for up to 20 minutes. I started with 5 minutes and worked my way up. Swish it around your mouth, pulling it between your teeth, then spit it out. Whatever you do, do not swallow the oil as you will ingest the toxins you are trying to wipe out. Afterwards brush your teeth with an all-natural fluoride-free toothpaste, and rinse your mouth out. And you’re done! It really is that easy.




The mouth is home to millions of bacteria, fungi, viruses and other toxins, the oil acts like a cleanser, pulling out the nasties before they get a chance to spread throughout the body by swallowing.

This frees up the immune system, reduces stress, curtails internal inflammation and aids overall health. I do it while preparing Eamon's (my new puppy) breakfast and taking him for a walk. You can do it while you lie in bed waiting to wake up, or even as you shower first thing in the morning.




My partner loves this as I can't natter away to him in the morning (I'm a morning person!) while he is waking up! It also gives you some time to yourself where you can just be silent and connect to yourself.

It will feel bizarre at first and you'll be so tempted to swallow the oil or spit it out. But be patient and allow yourself time to get used to it. Build up the time and amount and if you feel the oil increasing in volume this is good. It's pulling all the toxins from your mouth and you will then get rid of them when you spit!


Benefits of Oil Pulling:

Improved gum and teeth health

 Detoxify and clears up any skin issues

 Great for people who suffer with sinus, congestion or phlegm issues

Aids fat loss by detoxifying the entire body

 Better breath and whiter teeth

Improved Energy and Immunity

Improved sleep

 Regulated hormones - help with menstrual cycle and fat loss

Reduces Headaches

Dramatically reduces hang overs!


Check out this great article about someone's honest and real feedback after trying oil pulling here.

And that's it guys. Try it and let me know how you get on! Even take before and after pictures of your skin if you feel it needs clearing up. I'd love to see them. This change takes some committment and time to see the benefits so stick with it! You can do this, it will make you feel amazing in just a few weeks!







No comments:

Post a Comment